Adoption Date: 5/21/2017
Intake Date: 1/13/2017
Adoption Announcement – 5/21/2017
My name is Tucker the 10 year old Beagle
that if you do not remember went on many meet and greets and two pre-adopts before I found my forever home. I have so many people to thank for my success story.
After my mom went into Hospice, me and my brother started living from week to week going between two apartments. Then when my mom died, my brother disappeared after 10 years. I had not known he was adopted by a family friend. All the arrangements were made thru a lawyer. I don’t want to seem ungrateful since that is not the case. I humbly thank my babysitter’s for their on going support and loving care. They were kind enough to provide a donation for Safe Place covering the amount of my vet bill and a large bag of my food from Costco. My mom’s friend even found Safe Place a couple that wanted to adopt me. The couple knew someone in the building and they had stopped to play with me on many occasions. I got along with their Min Pin but no one knew at the time that I was about to have a melt down. I was suffering emotionally. After the pre-adopt I started shaking and crying and could not stop. Someone needed to be with me 7×24. The young couple were nice but after 4 days they had to surrender me back. They could not take the howling and crying all hours of the night.
I thank my lucky stars when someone from Safe Place decided to foster me. I doubt they realized how long I would be with them but they were wonderful and I will remember them with a fond heart. They both are the reason for my happily ever after success story.
After 4 unsuccessful meet and greets and 2 previous pre-adopts, I knew within minutes of meeting my new family I found my forever home.
It was a sunny day when I went for a long ride to Castle Rock. No sooner had we arrived when a couple and their dog Camellia met us by the car and whisked me away for a 20 minute walk. It was an awesome experience. When we got back from the walk I got to snoop around and investigate their house from top to bottom, inside and out. I could tell this felt good. We were all smiling. Sure enough within a week of my pre-adopt, I was adopted and now have a new sister named Camellia who is a female version of me. I fell in love with my new family pretty fast. My dad is great and my mom is so sweet. I am one of two lucky hound dogs. My family loves to take long walks as much as me and we are allowed to hoot and howl all we want when we are on the outside deck. Who could ask for more?
Many thanks to Tucker’s new mom and dad for adopting Tucker into very warm and loving home. Additional thanks to Buxton Veterinary Hospital (our Safe Place partner) for their excellent medical and dental support. Tucker may have lost an eye tooth during his dental cleaning but in the end his fairy god mother granted his wish for a loving forever home.
Everyone at Safe Place for Pets wishes Tucker and his new family years of good health and happiness. And to all the volunteers at Safe Place; thank you for your time and commitment and for the lovely blanket that Tucker enjoys laying on all the time.
And they lived happily ever after………………
Adoption Bio – 1/13/2017
Hi, I’m Tucker….a wonderful 10 year old, 40 lb. male 15 inch beagle. I’m the taller beagle version, but all beagle.
- I’m in great physical condition.
- I want a new person or persons and a home with another dog, or cat, or both. I’ve always lived with another dog. I like having a friend.
- I love humans of all ages, dogs and cats.
- My tail…almost never stops wagging. I’m a happy guy.
- Walking or hiking…love it! I’m good on leash, and off leash. I have good recall, so don’t fear, you won’t lose me. Just call my name, and I’ll come running.
- I love squeaky toys. I love to chew on them, carry them around, and if you throw them, I’ll fetch them and bring them back for more. (I also do that with balls).
- Bathrooming? NO problem. My fosters have a doggie door. I learned to use that the first day. But I’m good in homes without a doggie door too. I’ll let you know when it’s time for me to go out.
- This old dog is learning new tricks …I’ve learned to sit for my breakfast and dinner. I’m learning to shake, but I don’t have that mastered yet.
- If you are relaxing, so am I. TV–count me in!
- I have a doggie bed for night time sleeping, but would be happy to sleep in bed with you too, if you’d like the company.
Please call Safe Place for Pets at 719-359-0201 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about me. I’ll be patiently waiting for us to find each other.